Volunteer’s Code of Conduct
The Yantalo Peru Foundation has adopted the following policies regarding volunteer involvement. Your signature will be required as your agreement to abide by this Code of Conduct.
As a volunteer I will:
- Represent the Yantalo Foundation with professionalism, integrity and pride.
- Be responsible for conducting myself, both on and off duty, with courtesy, patience, dignity, consideration and loyalty.
- Work as a team member with other volunteers, participants, visitors, government or private employees and with all others involved in the Yantalo Programs.
- Provide a safe environment by not harming anyone in any way, whether through discrimination, sexual harassment, physical force, verbal or mental abuse, neglect or other harmful actions.
- Respect the privacy of persons and hold in confidence sensitive private and personal information.
- Keep the Foundation staff informed of progress, concerns, issues or situations, which in my opinion may jeopardize the success and effectiveness of the Yantalo Programs.
- Promote and support the development of the Yantalo Programs at local, national and international levels.
At any time while volunteering, I will not:
- Discriminate on the basis of race, color, politics, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.
- Smoke or use tobacco products.
- Use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Use, possess or display pornographic materials to children or adults.
- Use vulgar or inappropriate language in the presence of children or adults.
- Humiliate, ridicule, threaten or degrade children or adults.
- Solicit gifts, gratuities or bequests for personal or professional benefits.
I understand that as a volunteer working with children, youth and/or vulnerable adults, I am subject to a thorough background check including criminal history.
I have read this Code of Conduct and I agree to follow these standards as a volunteer for the Yantalo Foundation. Any action inconsistent with this Code of Conduct or failure to take action mandated in this Code of Conduct may result in my removal as a volunteer in the Yantalo Program.